New GMC information for patients
The GMC has launched new advice for peopleconsidering cosmetic interventions:
· questions to ask their doctor before a procedure
· signposts for advice on surgical and non-surgical procedures
· understanding outcomes and risks
· considerations if having treatment abroad
· taking time to reflect and make a decision in their overall interest.
This complements recently launched guidance for doctors who deliver cosmetic interventions.
The BACN is in discussions with the NMC about its position in this area and acknowledge that the GMC Guidelines are a very good basis for good practice.